Windbreak cost example:
What does a windbreak cost? That’s a very common question and not hard for us to answer after we know what you’re trying to accomplish with your windbreak. Every single windbreak is (and should be) different. Your windbreak should be designed specifically for you, to accomplish your goals.
Customers have the option of picking up their plants at our nursery and installing themselves, or we can do it all from start to finish. Think of our process as turn-key, or al la carte.
Here is an example of an average three row, 200ft long windbreak with EVERYTHING we offer (updated 2/1/23):
- Design: Fees are waived with purchase of a windbreak.
- Layout: Precise measuring and layout using one flag or paint mark per tree. $4 per tree. Total, $240
- Row one (outside) – Ninebark at 5ft in-row spacing. 18-24in potted plants: $12 per shrub, 40 shrubs. Total, $480.
- Row two (middle) – Cedar, Eastern Red at 20 ft spacing. 18-24in potted plants: $24 per tree, 10 trees. Total, $240.
- Row three (inside) – Pine, White at 20ft spacing. 18-24in potted plants: $24 per tree, 10 trees. Total, $240.
- Planting, windbreak installation – Using the correct machines and equipment: $19 per plant, 60 plants. Total, $1140
- Mileage and delivery charge – Includes loading and unloading, fuel and machines: $1.95 per vehicle mile round-trip, 50 miles. Total, $97.50.
Total windbreak cost using the above example, $2,438. This is a turn-key example of us suppling the plants and providing all of our services and labor.
Using the above example, if we supply the plants and install them, the price can be converted to:
- $12.19 per linear foot of windbreak.
- $1.03 per pig space on a 2500 head unit.